Rannigan’s Redemption is a three-part contemporary erotic romance about high-powered Manhattan attorney Michael Rannigan and his complicated relationship with Maggie Flynn. The pair first meet when she interviews for a position with Michael’s law firm, Murphy, Rannigan, & Metheny.
In the first book, Resisting Risk, Michael and Maggie deliberately avoid the risk of giving in to the attraction they both feel as they go about their lives working for their high-profile, high paying clients.
Disaster follows in the second book, Running Rogue. Unable to face Michael, Maggie leaves the firm for a job with the District Attorney’s Office. Both she and Michael make questionable choices in their personal lives as the move forward without each other. It seems they’ve come to the end of the road as far as their relationship is concerned. Then Michael received devastating news. Having alienated everyone he’s ever known, he turns to Maggie, who agrees to stand by him during this difficult time. Grateful for her unfailing support, Michael becomes determined to make sure she’s happy. Enter retired baseball star and new sports journalist, Bobby ‘Beau’ Beaulieu.
Curious about what will happen in the conclusion of Rannigan’s Redemption, Ransoming Redemption? You’ll have to wait just a little bit longer because I’m working on a surprise. But in the meantime, how about some Fun Facts?
- The bulk of the story is set in Manhattan. Most of the restaurants and bars mentioned are actual places.
- Michael’s apartment is based on an actual luxury apartment building on the Upper East Side.
- I knew a boy named Michael Rannigan when I was in elementary school. I always thought it was a great name for a character so when I came up with this story, that was the name of the title character. I have no idea what the original Michael Rannigan is doing now. I wonder what he’d think about my pilfering his name.
- My muse for the character of Michael was George Clooney.
- When I wrote Maggie, I had Jessica Chastain in mind.
- When I imagined Bobby, I always saw Matthew McConaughey.
- Bobby isn’t introduced until partway through Running Rogue. But he makes a cameo appearance in Resisting Risk. Check and see. You’ll find him.
Keep watching for updates on the release of Rannigan’s Redemption Part 3: Ransoming Redemption and for the cover reveal, coming soon. For now, though, Resisting Risk and Running Rogue are available on Kindle and at other fine online booksellers.