Eeva Lancaster wears many hats. Her bio on Google+ describes her as a “writer, editor, book designer” and I’m honored to say she designed the covers for Rannigan’s Redemption.
She’s the author of several books, she’s a freelance writer, she’s the owner of the Google+ community Alliance of Self Published Authors, and she’s the creative force behind The Book Khaleesi. Recently, Eeva responded to Pandora’s Dirty Dozen survey.
Meet Eeva Lancaster.
1. Describe your books and your writing style.I write mainly non-fiction books. I started off with a poetry book and then my Now What? series. There are so many books in my head. Right now there are 5, but I haven’t found time to write them. I like talking about the elephant in the room. The obvious that few pay attention to. The writing on the wall that we many don’t bother to read. I talk to my readers and get really personal. Since I write from experience, there’s nothing hesitant about my writing. It’s blunt, it’s sarcastic, ironic and real.
2. Talk about your process. Where do you write? When do you write? Are you linear or do you write scenes and put them together later? Who are your muses and where do you get your best ideas?I get my best ideas from life and people. Honestly, I don’t have a process. One day, I’ll just decide to finish a book, and I sit down and write non-stop. I’ve been a ghostwriter for years, I’m used to cramming. But then I write non-fiction, so my writing process is simpler than those of fiction writers. Research and time = book.
3. Tell us about your latest release.My last release was You want to be an Online Freelancer… Now What? A guide for people who want to venture into freelancing. It’s based from my own experience. What worked and some of the issues I encountered, and tips and other stuff that can help freelancers succeed. I’m a freelancer first, and an author second. So, there will be more freelancing books in the future. In the pipeline, I have Love Has a Reason. I was planning on a February release, but I should’ve known better. It’s the first of my Happy Ever After series which will mainly discuss relationships. This book debunks the myth of unconditional love. Oh yeah, I haven’t even written it yet and people are already objecting when they see the subtitle on the cover. It will be interesting.
4. What is your current project?I’m focusing on my author services site The Book Khaleesi. I’ll be adding a pre-made book cover section soon. Aside from that, I’m editing 3 books simultaneously…. and formatting… and doing covers… busy busy.
5. Now about you… Very generally speaking, where do you call home?Home is The Philippines, happily living in the suburbs with my husband, dog and turtles.
6. As a reader… What genre do you most often read? What is your all-time favorite book, and why?Supernatural/Fantasy are my favorite genres. But my all-time fave book is Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. This book shaped my personality. I love the idea that life is not about suffering or sacrifice. It’s about exaltation and doing your best and expecting only what you deserve. About love as a look-up and not a falling down… It’s a wonderful story about how all the thinkers and doers pulled back from society and left the leeches and incompetents to run it.It’s also a love story that is so raw and real, it’s unique. Read it some time. 🙂
7. What do you like to do when you’re not writing or reading?Just being with my husband. Doing whatever… sometimes we get so busy with other things, you know….
8. We all have guilty pleasures. I enjoy boy bands. There, I said it. What is your guilty pleasure?Getting a massage. When I’m sad, go to the spa. Happy? Celebrate at the spa. So many excuses to feel pampered and cared for.
9. What superpower would you choose, and why?At the top of my head I’d say, Read Minds. But on second thought, maybe that wouldn’t be half as fun as I imagine. So, I’d go for…. time travel. So I don’t have to be trapped in situations. I could go back and forth where I’m happiest. That would be cool.
10. If you could live anywhere, you’d choose…A beach house anywhere. I like living in The Philippines. I don’t dream of living abroad.
11. I wish _________________ would read my book.OPRAH
12. In the airport, you overhear a heated argument between a husband and wife. You:politely ignore it.stop what you’re doing and watch with rapt attention.
mention it to airport personnel.
tuck it away for use in a future book.Other :