Something Special, Book 6 in erotica author Nia Farrell’s Three Graces series, is out today!
Get to know erotic romance author Nia Farrell.
1. Describe your books and your writing style.I’m a multi-genre writer but my recent releases are erotic romances. My Three Graces Trilogy are BDSM menages that have been called new age erotic romance. The first book SOMETHING ELSE is about soulmates who keep reincarnating together. The heroine is a psychic medium who’s been saving herself for the men of her dreams – bisexual American Indian musician Nico White and J.T. Santiago, an ex-Navy SEAL with PTSD. All of the paranormal elements come from first-hand experience, either mine or one of my many psychic friends. Grace, Nico, and J.T. have a very special honeymoon in store when their sequel SOMETHING SPECIAL releases on May 5th. SOMETHING DIFFERENT (The Three Graces Book Two) has Anna James, starving artist and potty mouthed gamer girl who is Nico’s songwriting partner. Their collaborative “music writing night” is base on my personal experience as a songwriter, and her tie-in to Comanche chief Quanah Parker comes from my own family geneaology. She meets her match in part-Comanche twins and triple platinum artists Jackson and Jacob Thomason who perform as No Mercy. SOMETHING MORE (The Three Graces Book Three) was the hardest to write due to the themes of post-rape PTSD and autism. Two of my friends struggle with post-rape PTSD and I have two autistic nephews. The book just touches on some of the daily challenges that they face. SOMETHING MORE is a nominee for Best BDSM Book of the Year, Menage Category, 2016 Golden Flogger Awards. DARK MOONS RISING is my first PRN shifter erotic romance. DARK MOONS RISING is an otherworldly sword-and-sorcery medieval D/s ménage, where a daughter of light finds unexpected sanctuary with two dark lords (handsome as men, stunning as centaurs!) I’m really excited about my upcoming release June 1, with PRIDE AND PUNISHMENT, an erotic retelling of Jane Austen’s beloved classic. Characters that you thought you knew…well, they’re ready to reveal their secret selves. Mr. Darcy is a Dominant. Miss Elizabeth Bennet is submissive. Jane Bennet might be the only “handsome” woman in Meryton, but puppy-like Charles Bingley needs a Mistress. Mr. Darcy doesn’t think Jane has what it takes and separates the couple. His growing lust leads Mr. Darcy to confess his desire to dominate Miss Elizabeth – a proposition that she mistakes for a proposal. Already accused of less-than-gentlemanlike behavior, Darcy must find a way to win the submissive heart of a woman who abhors him. I kept the dialogue as intact as possible, while telling the story from Mr. Darcy’s point of view. Length is 91,166 words/340 6×9 pages.
2. Talk about your process. Where do you write? When do you write? Are you linear or do you write scenes and put them together later? Who are your muses and where do you get your best ideas?I have a home office that I virtually live in when I’m writing. My thought processes may range far and wide, but when my fingers connect with my laptop, I work in linear fashion, telling the story from beginning to end. Sources of inspiration are everywhere. The equine therapy mention in the Three Graces trilogy is based on our local therapeutic riding center, whose riders include veterans with PTSD and children with autism. The books started with the idea of soulmates, inspired by personal experience in this and other lifetimes…except there are only two of us who keep reconnecting.
3. Tell us about your latest release.SOMETHING SPECIAL is BDSM menage erotic romance, the wedding and honeymoon book for Grace, Nico, and J.T. who met in SOMETHING ELSE. Six weeks into the relationship, Grace learns that she’s expecting (despite being on the pill), and plans are made for very special honeymoon at a BDSM theme resort where patrons come to play in the past. The men are giving Grace her capture fantasy…except Nico won’t be the warrior taking her!
4. What is your current project?I have three series that I’m launching. The first is about Replay, the BDSM theme resort in SOMETHING SPECIAL. Book 1 VIKING RAID will be out July 1, followed by TRIPLE PLAY on September 1 and HONOUR BOUND on November 1. The second series are BDSM menage historicals about Grace, Nico, and J.T.’s past live. AS WICKED AS YOU WANT (set in 1868 Chicago and London) premiers August 1. The other series (Touch the Wind) is sultry historical romance written as Erinn Ellender Quinn. Because of its paranormal elements, Book 2 RIDE THE WIND will be out first on October 1. The other books are swashbucklers, set in 1727 Caribbean. TOUCH THE WIND Book 1 comes out December 1. I also have other single titles planned for 2017 and 2018.
5. Now about you… Very generally speaking, where do you call home?I’m a seventh generation Illinoisan.
6. As a reader… What genre do you most often read? What is your all-time favorite book, and why?I read mostly erotic romance and dark romance, with a decided fondness for MMF and MFM menages. Picking a favorite book is like picking a favorite song. I will say that my favorite audio book is the historical novel about the battle of Gettysburg, KILLER ANGELS by Michael Shaara.
7. What do you like to do when you’re not writing or reading?My husband and I are Civil War reenactors. I’m also a Reiki master and a crystal healer who occasionally reads at psychic fairs.
8. We all have guilty pleasures. I enjoy boy bands. There, I said it. What is your guilty pleasure?Dancing with the Stars
9. What superpower would you choose, and why?Miraculous healing. To alleviate suffering and enable people to stay here long enough to learn their lessons so they don’t have to repeat them.
10. If you could live anywhere, you’d choose…Ireland, near the sea
11. I wish _________________ would read my book.everyone (yeah, I dream big)
12. In the airport, you overhear a heated argument between a husband and wife. You:politely ignore it.stop what you’re doing and watch with rapt attention.mention it to airport personnel.tuck it away for use in a future book.
Something Special is Book 6 of Nia Farrell’s The Three Graces series. It’s the continuation of the story of the relationship between Grace Murphy, Nico White, and J.T. Santiago. The book opens with a big surprise for the trio—they’re pregnant. A paternity test identifies the father, but it doesn’t matter. The three are partners for life. And they make plans to formalize their relationship with a wedding.
Together, J.T. and Nico plot the perfect after-wedding surprise for their wife, no small feat when she’s a psychic medium, and after a beautiful celebration they whisk her away to an East coast BDSM retreat to give her the honeymoon experience of her fantasies.
I absolutely love a story with heart. And there’s something so beautiful about the love these three characters share. And this time the story is told from J.T.’s perspective, which adds intriguing insight into how he views their family. Oh, and the ménage sex is hot, hot, hot!
If you’re a fan of The Three Graces series, this book is an absolute ‘don’t miss’. If you’re not familiar with the stories, help yourself to Book 1. Something Special is a worthy addition to the series and I can’t wait for the next one!
Now I know you’re wondering, “But where can I get Nia Farrell’s Something Special and the rest of the Three Graces Series?” No worries. Here’s the link.
Don’t miss out on this hot, heartfelt read!
One thought on “Watch This Space–Something Special by Nia Farrell”